This article shows how to download and install the full version of Windows 8.1 Pro for free on the PC. Follow the direct download link and instructions below for guidance on how to install Windows 8.1 Pro on your computer.
About the software
Windows 8.1 is a personal computer operating system that was produced by Microsoft and released as part of the Windows NT family of operating systems. It launched into manufacturing on August 27, 2013 and reached general availability on October 17, 2013, approximately a year after its predecessor's retail launch. Windows 8.1 was made available as a free update for retail copies of Windows 8 and Windows RT users through the Windows Store.
Windows 8.1 Pro system requirements
- Processor. 1 gigahertz (GHz) * or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2
- RAM. 1 gigabyte (GB) (32 bit) or 2 GB (64 bit)
- Hard disk space. 16 GB (32 bit) or 20 GB (64 bit) graphics card
- . Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
If you are running Windows 8, you can get a free upgrade to Windows 8.1. Just tap or click on the Windows Store tile on your Start screen. Once you're up to Windows 8.1, you should automatically receive the update. If it doesn't, follow these steps to get it manually with Windows Update.
Additional requirements to use certain functions:
- To use touch, you need a tablet or monitor that supports multitouch
- To access Windows Store and to download, run and adjust applications, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
- A Microsoft account is required for some functions
- Internet access (ISP fees may apply)  Secure boot requires firmware that supports Errata B UEFI v2.3.1 and have the certification authority of Microsoft Windows in the UEFI signature database
- Some games and programs may require a DirectX 10 compatible graphics card or higher for optimal performance
- Note DVDs require separate playback software (more information)
- BitLocker To Go requires a USB flash drive (Windows 8.1 Pro only)
- BitLocker requires either Tru sted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 or a USB flash drive (Win dows 8.1 Pro only)
- Client Hyper-V requires a 64-bit system with Second Level Address Translation (SLAT) capabilities and an additional 2 GB of RAM (Windows 8.1 Pro only)
- A TV tuner is required to play and record live TV in Windows Media Center (Windows 8.1 Pro Pack and Windows 8.1 Media Center Pack only)
- Miracast requires a display adapter that supports Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 1.3 and a Wi-Fi adapter that supports Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi direct printing requires a Wi-Fi adapter that supports Wi-Fi Direct and a device that supports Wi-Fi Direct Wi-Fi Direct printing
- Free Internet TV content varies by geography, some content may require additional fees (Windows 8.1 Pro Pack and Windows 8.1 Media Center Pack)
- To install a 64-bit operating system on a 64-bit PC, your p Sprinkler must be compatible with CMPXCHG16b, PrefetchW, and LAHF / SAHF
- InstantGo only works with computers designed for Connected Standby
We also recommend and visit the website of your PC manufacturer for information on updated drivers and hardware compatibility.
* Earlier versions of Windows, including Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, have limited support when running on new processors and chipsets from manufacturers such as Intel, AMD, NVidia, and Qualcomm. For more information, see the Support Life Cycle FAQ. A device may not be able to run earlier versions of Windows if the device hardware is incompatible, lacks current drivers, or is outside the original equipment manufacturer ("OEM") support period.
How to download and install Windows 8.1 Pro
- Click on the download buttons below and finish downloading the necessary files. This can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don't know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Mount the .iso (click here for instructions), or burn to disk, or put it on a bootable USB drive to install it on a new computer.
- Install Windows 8.1 by starting setup.exe
- When prompted to insert an activation key (during installation), use the following serial key: XHQ8N-C3MCJ-RQXB6-WCHYG-C9WKB
- You now have the full version of Windows 8.1 Pro, without limitations, installed on your computer.
File # 1 (3.35GB)
This download is for Windows 8.1 Pro x64 (Pre-Activated)