This article shows how to download and install the full version of Windows 7 for free on your PC. Follow the direct download link and instructions below for guidance on how to install Windows 7 on your computer.
About the software
Windows 7 is a personal computer operating system that was produced by Microsoft as part of the Windows NT family of operating systems. It was released to manufacturing on July 22, 2009 and was generally available on October 22, 2009, less than three years after the launch of its predecessor, Windows Vista. The Windows 7 server counterpart, Windows Server 2008 R2, was released at the same time.
System requirements for Windows 7
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor  1 gigabyte (GB) of RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB of RAM (64 bit)
- 16 GB of available hard disk space (32 bit) or 20 GB (64 bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
Additional requirements to use certain features:
- Internet access (fees may apply)
- Depending on resolution, video playback may require additional memory and advanced graphics hardware
- Some games and programs may require a DirectX compatible graphics card 10 or higher for optimum performance
- For some Windows Media Center functionalities, a TV tuner and additional hardware may be required
- Windows Touch and Tablet PC require specific hardware
- HomeGroup requires a network and Windows PC 7
- DVD / CD creation requires compatible optical drive
- BitLocker requires Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2
- BitLocker To Go requires a USB flash drive
- Windows XP mode requires 1 GB additional RAM and an additional 15 GB of available hard-disk space.
- Music and sound require audio output
Product functionality and graphics may vary depending on your system configuration. Some features may require advanced or additional hardware.
How to download and install Windows 7
- Click the download buttons below and finish downloading the necessary files. This can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don't know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Mount the .iso (click here for instructions), or burn to a disk, or put it on a bootable USB drive to install it on a new computer.
- Install Windows 7 by starting SETUP.EXE
- You now have the full version of Windows 7, without limitations, installed on your computer.
File # 1 (3.54GB)
This download is for Windows 7 All In One / Pre-Activated
The following versions of Windows 7:
- WINDOWS 7 BASIC
- WINDOWS 7 HOME
- WINDOWS 7 PREMIUM HOME x86 x64
- WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL x86 x64
- WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE x86 x64