Windows 11 Build 22526 now targets users on the Dev Channel and does not come with any major new features or enhancements. According to the release notes, today’s preview update is all about minor bug fixes and also includes hidden changes to improve the AirPods experience.
The cumulative update is titled “Windows 11 Insider Preview 22526 (rs_prerelease)” and should download / install in a couple of minutes. To apply the changes to the operating system, you will need to open Windows settings and join the Windows Insider program development channel and check for updates.
Build 22526 is not tied to any particular release, but the changes included in today’s preview update will be available to everyone in late summer. This is because Sun Valley 2 will be ending in the summer and will include most of the changes from build 22526.
Remember build 22526 is from the dev channel and may not be stable.
What’s new in Windows 11 Build 22526
Microsoft is experimenting with a new feature in which the Windows 11 ALT + TAB keys will appear as “windowed” instead of full screen.
Additionally, Microsoft is also introducing broadband voice support when using Apple AirPods products. This change will benefit the AirPods, AirPods Pro or AirPods Max. After the feature preview update, the audio quality of voice calls will improve significantly in some cases.
The Windows 11 update should also make indexing of file locations faster so that users can find important files in File Explorer quickly.
For business customers, Microsoft has made a change to enable Credential Guard by default on Windows 11 Enterprise. This will apply to E3 and E5 licensed PCs if they are attached to the company.
Other improvements in Windows 11 Build 22526:
- Microsoft has fixed an issue that could prevent searching in File Explorer and then crash explorer.exe.
- Microsoft has fixed issues with the Recent Finds flyout.
- Microsoft has also improved the resolution of app icons that appear in search results.
- Microsoft has fixed issues with the Spotlight collection.
- Microsoft fixed an issue where the Windows widget board might not have the correct resolution.
- Fixed another bug where the Widgets dashboard would be temporarily blank.
How to install Windows 11 build 22526
To install Windows 11 Build 22526, try these steps:
- Visit Windows Settings and go to the Windows Insider Program page.
- Switch to the development channel,
- Click on “Search for updates”And the patch will appear.
- Select “Download and Install” to begin the process.
- Click “Restart Now” to finish the installation.