Microsoft has just released a new version today, version 18945 for Fast Ring Insiders. If you went ahead and installed the 18947 accidentally released compilation, you will have to go back to your previous compilation before accepting the last one, and it might be worth doing to see the new improved Cortana and the other new features included in this
Together With the new features, 18945 includes a number of fixes, as well as some known issues that have not yet been fixed. Perhaps the biggest, if you have been experiencing installation failures with recent Insider compilations (with an error code c1900101), is already fixed:
We have solved the problem that caused some Insides to experience installation failures with the code Error c1900101 due to a compatibility error with a storage controller on your device.
Along with that good news, there are a number of other improvements in this latest 20H1 compilation:
- We are extending the ATP capabilities of Windows Defender beyond the Windows operating system and how the results are the name change to Microsoft Defender to reflect our cross-platform approach to endpoint security.
- Fixed an issue where configurations could be locked if you selected Activation in Updates and security.
- If your network connection is disconnected unexpectedly, the banner will now have a close button for you to use if necessary.
- Fixed an issue where the Performance tab of the Task Manager did not expand from a collapsed state if you double-clicked Click on the text.
- We have updated the Details tab of the Task Manager, so if you right-click on a process, the Provide Comments option will now appear in the list after End Task and End Process Tree (instead of entering ).
- Fixed an issue where the network icon in the taskbar could show that there was no Internet, although there was actually a connection.
- Fixed an issue that affected the reliability of Windows Hello on recent flights.
- Fixed an issue where the DNS server configuration was manually updated in the Configuration, it would not apply.
- A problem with the two previous flights was solved, which caused the mobile access point to turn off unexpectedly if enabled.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the system
- Fixed an issue that could generate the error: "MMC detected an error in an add-in and will download it" when you try to expand, view or create custom views in an event . Viewfinder.
Some known issues remain, b but there is nothing new from previous compilations, here is the list:
- There has been a problem with previous versions of anti-cheat software used with games where, after upgrading to The latest 19H1 Insider Preview compilations, PCs may experience crashes. We are working with partners to update their software with a solution, and most games have released patches to prevent PCs from experiencing this problem. To minimize the possibility of having this problem, make sure you are running the latest version of your games before attempting to update the operating system. We are also working with game developers and anti-cheats to solve similar problems that may arise with the 20H1 Insider Preview compilations and will work to minimize the likelihood of these problems in the future.
- Some Realtek SD card readers do not work properly. We are investigating the problem.
- Tamper protection may be disabled in Windows Security after updating to this compilation. You can turn it on again. In August, Protection against interventions will be activated by default for all Executives.
- Occasionally, the selection of candidates in the prediction candidate window for the Japanese IME does not match the composition chain. We are investigating the problem.
- Insiders may notice some changes in Magnifier with today's compilation. They are not yet ready for you to try, but we will let you know once they are on an upcoming flight.
You can check the official blog post for more information and detailed documentation.
Additional readings: 20H1, build 18945, Fast Ring, Windows 10, Windows Insider