Very late this afternoon (both Microsoft and the East Coast) Microsoft released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19008 for Fast Ring Windows Insiders testing the 20H1 update. This compilation does not come with any important new features, but it comes with several fixes and improvements.
Starting with the general changes, improvements and corrections, there is a little you should know. First of all, it is important to keep in mind that Microsoft has solved the problem in which PCs get stuck on a reboot during reboot and shutdown. The solution was included in the 19002.1002 build, but there is also an alternative solution to get this latest build.
In addition, Microsoft resolved the problem where, when optional updates were available, some Insiders would see the Windows update indicator in a warning state. . There are also some other solutions so that the Configuration application does not display after minimizing the window. Other corrections are below.
- We have worked a little to improve the launch speed of the taskbar jump lists.
- We solved a problem that caused the Program Compatibility Assistant to appear for some Insiders
- We solved a problem which causes Windows Hello to unexpectedly display an error message that periodically says "Cannot turn on the camera" in the Recent compilations
- We clean some UIs in the configuration of the mouse pointer in Ease of Access.
- We fixed an error in the Narrator where Narrator was not reading the link text in the appropriate language in the Chrome browser.
As for known issues, there are some incompatibility problems with certain versions of the BattlEye anti-cheat software. Experts with this software are being protected and will not see this version. Also, there seems to be a problem with starting "Restart this PC" with the option of downloading in the cloud does not work. Other known issues are found below.
- We have heard that the configuration is not yet available outside the startup through the URI (ms-settings 🙂 for some Insiders and we are investigating.
- When the dark theme is used, the hardware keyboard the candidate text prediction window is unreadable due to black text on a dark gray background.
- Bluetooth devices may not reconnect as expected after closing the device cover for certain devices. We are working on a solution, but in the meantime, you can disable and re-enable Bluetooth in the Settings application or restart the device and that should solve the problem.
- Some Insiders still report that after successfully updating to a new compilation, the Windows Update configuration page may display the same compilation that you need to install. You can verify that the compilation was installed correctly by verifying the compilation number in the corner of the screen or by going to Win + R, typing winver and confirming the compilation number. We are investigating this problem.
- Some Insiders still report that when viewing optional drivers in the new section of the Windows update page, there may be older drivers that are shown as available for download. If they are accepted, they will try to install it and they will not. We are investigating this problem.
For you, Windows connoisseurs for a long time, Microsoft promises you a gift. To celebrate the fifth anniversary of the Windows Insider program, you will receive a special badge at the Opinion Center. Make sure you are installing new compilations before October 31 and you will also be in action!
More information: 20H1, compilation 19008, Fast Ring, Windows 10, Windows Insider