Microsoft has just announced the release of Windows 10 20H1 build 19002, which is another minor release for Fast Ring Insiders. In fact, there are no new features, except that the enhanced Bluetooth pairing experience that was sent to the Insiders selected in build 18985 is now available to all Insiders in Fast Ring.
As a reminder, this enhanced pairing experience will allow you to connect your Bluetooth device directly from the Activity Center, without having to go to the Settings application. For now, only selected accessories are supported, and you can find the complete list below (the last two have been added today):
- Ergonomic Surface Keyboard
- Surface Precision Mouse
- Microsoft Modern Mobile Mouse
- Surface Mobile Mouse
- Microsoft Arc Mouse
- Surface Arc Mouse
- Surface Headphones
- Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard
- Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse
In addition to providing this enhanced Bluetooth pairing experience to all Fast Ring Insiders members, the 19002 compilation also comes with the following known solutions and issues:
General changes, improvements and PC solutions  We fixed a problem that could result in updates that fail with error 0x8007042b.
We solved a problem that caused the acrylic effect in the Action Center to only appear after the opening animation of the Action Center had ended. We solve a problem here with multiple monitors and different DPI, the file explorer search box could be enlarged and compensated. We solved a problem with the search indexer that resulted in the return of unexpected files as search results when searching in French (France). We solved a problem for Japanese users where the username in the Configuration header was not displayed in the correct order. We solved a problem that resulted in the clipboard history, WIN + (Period) and the touchpad showing text in English when used with non-English display languages. We solved a race condition that could cause devices not to reconnect after turning Bluetooth off and on again. We solved a problem that caused the VPN to sometimes not connect automatically after activating your device from sleep. We solved a problem that could cause the brightness to get stuck at 0 or 100% and require a restart before it could be changed. The text cursor indicator works best in more experiences (eg Word, Run dialog box, Outlook) now. The magnifying glass-centered text cursor option should now work correctly when changing the magnifying glass modes. We fix the visual mouse pointer when using the magnifying glass mode. We fixed an error where Narrator did not tell the status of the Scan mode when Edge opened or closed. We fixed an error in Narrator where Narrator sometimes says a password twice when the focus was on a password editing field. We fixed an error in Narrator where the scan mode got stuck in the editing fields in Firefox. We have made some general improvements and bug fixes for the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL), see the WSL release notes for more details. If you were one of the Insiders who suffered frequent failures in explorer.exe recently, go to the Microsoft store and look for updates to the Xbox game bar application (specifically version 3.34.4xx should have the solution). If you are in this version of the application and still see failures in explorer.exe, submit your comments and we will investigate. Just a warning that we are expanding the deployment of the Configuration heading to more Insiders, so it can now appear for you when you had not done so before. As always, we welcome your comments on the settings: in the Opinion Center you can share it in Desktop environment> Settings.
- We are working on a solution for a problem that started with the previous flight where some devices get stuck during shutdown or restart and we appreciate your patience . If you are affected by this problem, see this forum post for alternative solution options.
- There has been a problem with previous versions of anti-cheat software used with games where after upgrading to the latest compilations of 19H1 Insider Preview can cause PCs to experience failures. We are working with partners to update their software with a solution, and most games have released patches to prevent PCs from experiencing this problem. To minimize the possibility of encountering this problem, make sure you are running the latest version of your games before attempting to update the operating system. We are also working with game developers and anti-cheats to solve similar problems that may arise with the 20H1 Insider Preview compilations and will work to minimize the likelihood of these problems in the future.
- We are investigating a problem in which we started "Reset this PC" with the cloud download option does not work in this compilation or in the previous one when it was started from Windows RE.
- We have heard that the configuration is not yet available off-start through the URI (ms-settings 🙂 for some Insiders and they are investigating.
- When the dark theme is used, the candidate text prediction window of the hardware keyboard is unreadable due to black text on a dark gray background.
- When optional updates are available, Insiders with the Settings heading can see the Windows Update indicator in a warning state, although the main Windows Update Settings page shows that everything is up to date.
- Bluetooth devices may not reconnect as expected after the device cover for certain devices is sung. We are working on a solution, but in the meantime, you can disable and re-enable Bluetooth in the Settings application or restart the device and that should solve the problem.
Now that the Windows update November 10, 2019 (19H2) is almost finished, the Windows Insider team said last week they would soon move Windows Insiders in the slow ring forward for versions 20H1. If you're in the slow ring and still don't want to make the jump to 20H1 versions, be sure to check the Windows Insider settings and switch to the launch preview ring.
More information: 20H1, compilation 19002, Fast Ring, Windows 10, Windows Insider