Microsoft finally released a new version of Windows 20H1 today, since Fast Ring Insiders can now install the preliminary version 18985 on their machines. The new main feature of this compilation is an enhanced Bluetooth pairing experience, which can now be completed directly in the Windows 10 notification panel. It is not necessary to visit the Settings application.
Unfortunately, Microsoft continues to do some A / B tests on Fast Ring, and this new Bluetooth pairing experience will only be available to 50% of Fast Rings Insiders members who will install this new compilation. In addition, this enhanced experience will only be compatible with selected Microsoft accessories for now, and the list includes the Surface headphones and the Surface Mobile mouse.
The release notes also mention some improvements in how Windows Update will display optional updates (driver updates and Windows 10 updates). Finally, the Windows team said today that it is implementing a new update of the Snip & Sketch application for all Insiders in the launch preview ring, plus selected users in the Production ring. You can get all the details below:
Improving your Bluetooth pairing experience
For Windows 10 version 1803, we announce a new experience optimized to pair compatible Bluetooth devices. The idea was simple: if a compatible device were nearby and in pairing mode, we would show a notification asking you to perform the pairing. This saved you from opening Settings yourself and finding the right place to go. Today, we are implementing an update with improvements that we hope you like.
This is the new thing:
- Pairing is now done in notifications. You no longer need to go to the Settings application to end the pairing.
- For a faster pairing time, we improve the user interface by showing less notification.
- We added a Discard button to the first notification to give you more control while using Swift Pair.
- To make the notification more useful, we now show the name and category of the device when we can.
We are excited about Insiders to try it and share comments. Currently, this new experience is implemented in 50% of Insiders, and we will inform you as the implementation increases. Compatible devices include:
- Ergonomic Surface Keyboard
- Surface Precision Mouse
- Microsoft Modern Mobile Mouse
- Surface Mobile Mouse
- Microsoft Arc Mouse
- Surface Arc Mouse
- 19659008] Headphones Surface
Improves your optional update experience
As some Insiders have noted, we are working to make it easier for you to see all optional updates (including drivers, feature updates, and monthly unrelated quality updates with security) in one place. Once the optional updates are detected, they will appear on a new page in Settings> Update and Security> Windows Update> View optional updates. For drivers, you no longer need to search the Device Manager for a specific device to update. Windows Update will keep your drivers updated automatically, as before, but if you have any problems, one of those optional drivers may help.
Snip & Sketch application update
After spending time in both Fast and Slow Rings, we now begin to implement Snip & Sketch version 10.1907 100% of Insiders in the Release Preview ring. We will also release this update to a small percentage of those who use retail compilations. As a reminder, this update includes two notable improvements based on your comments:
- Single window mode : We have heard that some of you prefer that your previous crop be closed when you click on Cut and Sketch again , so you don't end up with a lot of windows. Hereinafter, this will be the default option. If you liked having several windows, don't worry! It is also an option if you go to the Trim and sketch settings.
- Zoom support : You can now zoom in your screenshots if they are too small for you to annotate (and yes, touch, CTRL + Plus, CTRL + Less and Ctrl + Mouse wheel are compatible!) If you prefer to keep a small Snip & Sketch window, we will also zoom out to make sure all the snip fits in the Snip & Sketch window. 
What clipping enhancement would you like us to work on next? Let us know! The fastest way to get to the right place is to select the "…" menu in Snip & Sketch, and then choose Send comments.
As usual, this new compilation also includes some bug fixes and general improvements, and Microsoft has fixed a problem that affects the reliability of the Configuration by accessing the Network and Internet section. You can get more information about other improvements and known issues in this compilation in our separate publication.
More information: 20H1, Bluetooth, compilation 18985, Fast Ring, Windows 10, Windows Insider