Does Windows 10/7 deal with normal pnp monitor issues, or the message "Could not load hardware monitor driver in " appears. If so, do not worry about the right troubleshooting tips, and you can easily fix common pnp monitor driver problems.
Windows 10 is the latest OS, with more bugs and errors. No doubt, Microsoft is also doing well to prevent these errors. The generic pnp monitor driver for Windows 10 is another error handled by most users.
The most common reason for a general purpose pnp monitor is outdated driver or lack of hardware capacity . Click. So the user is likely to get a normal pnp monitor driver error through the recent upgrade window.
Do not worry if your system does not detect other display monitors or if you are encountering normal non-pnp monitor problems. If you like this question, please continue to use this post as this article will help you solve this problem.
- What is a generic PnP monitor?
- How do I fix a regular PnP monitor?
- Can I remove a regular PnP monitor?
- What is Windows PnP Monitor?
See also: If there is no simple fix on the Nvidia control panel on a Windows PC
What is a generic PNP monitor driver problem? ?
The PNP stands for " Plug and Play ". The term pnp is usually related to external PC hardware. You can use this pnp hardware quickly. This pnp hardware does not require the driver to be installed. However, if you see a generic pnp monitor (yellow triangle error) in Device Manager, it means that Windows does not recognize the appropriate device.
In this case, Windows installs a generic monitor driver for such hardware. However, this solution does not always work because the driver may not be fully compatible with the hardware. In Windows 10/7, you will be connected to a regular pnp monitor driver.
How to Modify a Generic PnP Monitor in Windows 10/7
Apply these fixes one at a time until you find the best solution.
1. Removing the Generic PnP Monitor Driver
Because you can troubleshoot the monitor through rollback, you can start with the removal of the pnp driver. Once you remove the regular pnp monitor, your PC will automatically detect and install the necessary drivers. To uninstall
- Open Device Manager Right-click the Windows + R key. Enter devmgmt.msc and press .
- When the Device Manager window appears, find the monitor option and look for the
- Generic PnP monitor option and click the Uninstall
- Scan for hardware changes
Here Windows recognizes the monitor and displays it on a regular PnP monitor Install as a real monitor, not as a monitor. If this simple fix does not resolve the Windows 10 monitor driver, please try the following:
See also: What happens if I delete the System32 folder in Windows?
2. General PNP Monitor Driver and Display Card Driver Update
Most of these are out-of-date drivers or obsolete graphics card drivers. Updating these drivers is likely to cause Windows 10 ghost monitor problems to disappear. In this step, you must first update the driver monitor and then update the graphics card driver. Follow these steps:
- Open Device Manager Right-click the Windows + R key. Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- When the Device Manager window appears, click the Monitor option to expand it. Right-click on the driver update under Generic PnP Monitor .
- When you click Update Driver, a new box appears. Select Search for updated driver software automatically here. Windows searches and updates its drivers online.
- If Windows can not locate and update the driver, right-click on the Generic PnP monitor and update it. However, instead of selecting Search, select Automatically browse the driver software on your computer .
- Now select . I will select it from the list of device drivers for my computer.
- Tik " Compatible hardware indication " is displayed, and compatible drivers appear. Select a driver here to install it.
- Click the Display Adapter option again. After expanding, right-click on the graphics card to update .
- To automatically download and install drivers Automatically detect first option and select updated driver software
- Restart the computer after driver installation .
3. Run System File Checker
If the problem persists, you should run System File Checker. It is built into the Windows 10 utility to scan and fix corrupted drivers. To run sfc, follow these steps:
See also: Can not find print in PDF from Microsoft? Here's how to add a Microsoft PDF printer
- Open Command Prompt . To do so, press the Windows + R key and type " cmd ". Or, search for command prompt in the results and run it as administrator