We are seeing the long-awaited Sonos portable bluetooth speaker better thanks to a large number of new images published by WinFuture . The German publication that specializes in leaks from Microsoft has published what it says are "official marketing images" of the new speaker, while giving us a name for the S17 product: Sonos Move.
The images give us a first look at the stationary base station, as well as the built-in handle through which the Sonos Move can be decoupled and transformed into a normal Bluetooth speaker through an alternating button on the back. We are also seeing for the first time how Sonos Move is charged, either through the USB-C connector or the two charging contacts near the base of the speaker. It is an intelligent design that allows you to extend your audio network for the entire Sonos home to the backyard or bathroom, for example, or to places beyond the reach of your Wi-Fi signal such as the beach or a park.
The Verge previously revealed additional details based on information provided by a person familiar with the speaker's abilities:
- The speaker is larger than it looks in the photos. It is taller and slightly wider than the Sonos One / Play: 1.
- Supports hands-free voice commands from Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
- When in Bluetooth mode, the speaker cannot be controlled with the Sonos application. It behaves like any other Bluetooth speaker. You match it and play.
- Hands-free voice commands for Alexa and Google Assistant are not available (currently) in Bluetooth mode.
- In normal Wi-Fi mode, the speaker appears like any other Sonos device in the application – but with a battery indicator.
- Like other recent Sonos speakers, the laptop will support Apple AirPlay 2..
- It is the first Sonos speaker that supports Auto Trueplay, using the built-in microphones to automatically adjust the audio output.
We still don't know the battery life, the waterproof / dustproof rating, the ability to pair with other Sonos speakers for stereo or surround sound, or, more importantly, the price. As for the dates, Sonos is organizing a press event that begins on August 26, so it is a good bet that we will get all the details then.
For more images of Sonos Move, be sure to visit WinFuture .