PuTTY Download the Secure Shell Access software. PuTTY is used for Telnet and as a Secure Shell Access client tool. Download the PuTTY SSH program.
PuTTY is one of the most used tools by network professionals. You must have the SSH (Secure Shell) client software. This means that you can access servers securely. The use of PuTTY is very easy and is like Linux Terminal. When you connect to the Remote Server, you have to enter the Root or advanced user password. That user must be created on the remote machine. Once you have logged in you can issue Linux commands from PuTTY. This means that PuTTY provides full access to Linux from the Windows machine. The security of data communication is very important these days. Therefore, encryption is mandatory when you make SSH connections with remote servers using PuTTY. If you need graphical software for SFTP, go to Download WinSCP .
PuTTY is also widely used for Telnet. You can Telnet for secure remote access. When connected with remote IP, it is done through Secure Shell Access. Because PuTTY works using Public Private Key Security (RSA). A key will be generated for the first time when accessing a remote server from a new source server. In simple words, you can say that PuTTY is a remote login command. You can log in to the server in remote locations. Your commands will be encrypted and will be secure Internet communications.
Below are the unique features that you may experience after the PuTTY download.
- Supports Telnet communications.
- Support of SSH.
- Open source freeware.
- Xterm Terminal Emulator.
- PuTTY is actively updated.
- Remote logon network protocols.
- Run remote sessions.
- Connect Linux / Unix from Windows.
- Secure and encrypted access.
- SSH- 2 Support.
- Public key authentication (RSA and DSA).
- Support SSH-1.
- Local echo support.
- Full-screen console support.
- You can find frequently asked questions detailed here.  putty download SSH software "width =" 501 "height =" 314 "srcset =" https://getintopc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/putty-download-SSH-software.jpg 626w , https://getintopc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/putty-download-SSH-software-300×188.jpg 300w "sizes =" (max-width: 501px) 100vw, 501px "/>  download SSH software putty ” width=”501″ height=”314″ srcset=”https://getintopc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/putty-download-SSH-software.jpg 626w, https://getintopc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/putty-download-SSH-software-300×188.jpg 300w” data-sizes=”(max-width: 501px) 100vw, 501px”/>
if you are interested in the technical configuration details before downloading PuTTY, see here: –
- Software name: PuTTY 0.63
- Configuration name: putty .exe
- Installation size: 484 KB
- Latest version: 0.63
- License: Op ensource Freeware
- Date added: August 9, 2013
Before installing the software, you should see this video of the installation guide
Click the button below to start the PuTTY download. This will work on Windows 32 and 64 bits. This is the complete PuTTY configuration and the latest published version.
This publication was updated on May 13, 2019