The Dev channel for Microsoft Edge Insider browser yesterday received a new update with build 188.8.131.52. The Edge team noted that it is currently synchronized with the release of Chrome 77, and there are many new features and general improvements for Windows and macOS in this new weekly update.
You can check the full release notes for the latest version Edge Dev is compiled below:
New features and behavior:
- Added the ability to never translate pages that are in a particular language.
- A keyboard shortcut for the menu was added … on Mac.
- A button was added to maximize the comment screen capture editor window.
- The ability to change the size of the diagnostic comment data window was added.
- Group policies were added to allow SmartScreen to be managed by organizations.
Improved reliability was corrected:
- Fixed a crash during the first execution experience.
- Fixed a crash when typing in the address bar.
- Fixed an issue where the browser crashed at startup.
- Fixed a crash when using the built-in translator.
- Fixed an issue where openi ng the comment submission form blocks the browser.
- Fixed an issue where opening the configuration page sometimes blocks the browser.
- Fixed an issue where sites that use single sign-on sometimes block the browser.
Corrected to improve behavior:
- The place where the shortcuts of the application / website were fixed was modified depending on how the application / website is installed.
- Fixed some issues related to the shortcut anchored to the taskbar that does not display the appropriate icon or does not start the appropriate profile.  Fixed an issue where typing in the address bar sometimes causes any address to fill in automatically to start loading itself.
- Fixed an issue where videos on certain sites like Netflix are sometimes hidden. It does not show all pages.
- Fixed an issue where search engines that had been removed reappeared the next time the browser was opened.
- Fixed an issue where invalid data was displayed in some way utofill pop-ups (for example, email fields had pop-ups containing generic data that did not contain valid email addresses).
- Fixed an issue where the light or dark theme did not apply correctly to system pages (Favorites, Settings, etc.) on Mac.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where the X to close a tab was sometimes not visible in the dark subject.
- Fixed an issue where login pop-ups sometimes did not show the correct window icon and title.  Fixed an issue where the browser login dialog was not large enough to fit its content.
It's great that the Edge team publishes detailed change records for the Dev channel every week, and it would be nice to get the same details for Canary's daily updates at some point. A new Beta channel will be released soon, which is updated every six weeks, but it is not yet known when there will be a stable version for Windows and Mac users.
Additional readings: Dev Channel, Edge Insider, Microsoft Edge, Windows 10