Seattle Sounders FC is part of a joint ownership group led by former Microsoft executive Terry Myerson, which has many new owners today. Eleven families connected to the Seattle area teamed up to form a new ownership group for the Saunders football club, including a big name. Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and his wife Anu Nadella are part of the ownership group, along with Joe Belfiore and his wife Kristina Belfiore, Microsoft's experience and device CVP. Seattle rapper Macklemore and his wife Tricia Davis also joined the group. The full list is as follows:
- Former Microsoft executive Terry Myerson and wife Katie Myerson
- Popstar Ciara and her husband Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks quarterback
- Hip hop artist Macklemore and wife Tricia Davis
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella wife Anu Nadella
- Microsoft Joe Belfiore and wife Kristina Belfiore
- Microsoft CFO Amy Hood and husband Max Kleinman
- Former Microsoft Executive Soma Somasegar and wife Akila Somasegar
- Twilio Chief Product Officer Chee Chew and wife Christine Chew, former Microsoft Program Manager
- ] Former Fox Sports executive David Nathanson and wife Sabina Nathanson
- Former Pandora CEO Brian McAndrews and wife Elise Holschuh
- Softbank management partner Mark Agne and wife Tomoko Agne
Seniorly in the summer after leaving for Windows on Microsoft, Myerson played an important role in gathering these families and pushing for ownership changes. Myerson was interested after Joe Roth, founding partner of Sounders FC, decided to sell his stake in the club last year. The investment group in California was noting that Roth's team was trying to control the team. “I quickly realized Joe's stake value,” Myers said in a blog post detailing the deal. "I had to find those same-minded people who were willing to invest in Sounders as a pillar of the Seattle community and were willing to bet that football would be popular with me."  The first person to send an email about the opportunity to maintain ownership. Nadella and Microsoft CFO Amy Hood quickly asked for help with Joe Belfiore and former Microsoft program manager Christine Chew.
Myerson is a partner of venture capital firm Madrona. A series of connections could even convince Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson to join the ownership group. This helped Macklemore to hear about this group and help maintain the audience's Seattle-based ownership.
About 15 months after Anderson's first discussion, the change of ownership ended on 31 July. About 31 people or organizations participated in this deal, and Adrian Hanauer, Drew Carey and Jody Allen will all continue their dedicated terms with Sounders FC. Seattle-based football clubs do not disclose the amount invested by the ownership group to close the deal.
Na della, along with former CEO Steve Ballmer, will now own part of the sports team. Ballmer acquired LA Clippers for $ 2 billion five years ago and recently welcomed Kawhi Leonard, the NBA's most popular player. Seattle Seahawks is owned by Paul Allen Trust after the death of Microsoft co-founder last year.
Read More Here: https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/13/20803304/seattle-sounders-owners-fc-ownership-group-myerson-ciara-macklemore-microsoft-russell-wilson