This article shows how to download and install the full version of Microsoft Office XP for free on the PC. Follow the direct download link and instructions below for guidance on how to install Microsoft Office XP on your computer.
About the software
Microsoft Office XP (known in the beta stage as Office 10, and also known as Office 2002) is a suite of the Microsoft Office family distributed by Microsoft for the Microsoft Windows platform. This set is the successor to Microsoft Office 2000 and the predecessor to Office 2003, it can also be recognized by the name "Office 10" or its code name. It was released on March 5, 2001 in the US. While in Europe it first appeared on the markets on August 4, 2001. The support phase & # 39; Mainstream & # 39; for Office XP ended on July 11, 2006, the day Windows 98 and I were out is no longer supported. Extended support ended on July 12, 2011. Office XP tools were given the title "2002", even if the suffix is "XP". For example, Word was not called Word XP, but Word 2002 instead.
The end of clippy
A key element of the Microsoft Office XP ad campaign was the removal of Clippy and other office assistants as a default option, which Microsoft knew to be quite unpopular and unused among users. These features were not fully removed until version 2007.
Office XP and Windows XP
Microsoft Office XP was released the same year as Windows XP, and despite the similarities between the names, Office XP supports Windows XP, but also with Windows NT 4.0, Windows 98, Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, Windows Me where it will be the last compatible suite. It maintains some compatibility also with Windows Vista but is not compatible with Windows 7. It is not compatible with Windows 95 (the last compatible package for Windows 95 is Office 2000)
Microsoft Office XP system requirements
Office XP will run on Windows 98, 98SE, Me, NT 4.0 with Service Pack 6 or later, 2000 and XP.
- Windows XP: Requires 128 megabytes (MB) of RAM for the operating system, plus an additional 8 MB of RAM for each Office program (for example, Word) running simultaneously
- Windows 2000 Professional: Requires 64 MB of RAM for the operating system, plus an additional 8 MB of RAM for each Office program (eg, Word) running simultaneously
- Windows Me and Windows NT 4.0: Requires 32 MB of RAM for the operating system, plus an additional 8 MB of RAM for each Office program (eg, Word) running simultaneously
- Windows 98 or 98SE: Requires 24 MB of RAM for the operating system, plu 8 additional MB of RAM for each program Office (eg Word) running simultaneously
Hard disk space
Hard disk space requirements will vary depending on configuration; Custom installation options will determine the space required. The minimum hard disk requirements for Office XP suites are listed below:
- Office XP Standard: 210 MB of available hard disk space
- Office XP Professional and Professional Special Edition: 245 MB of available space on the hard disk
- An additional 115 MB required on the hard disk where the operating system is installed. Users without Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Me, or Office 2000 Service Release 1 (SR-1) will require an additional 50 MB of hard disk space to update system files.
Office XP Professional requires a Super VGA (800 × 600) or higher resolution monitor with 256 colors.
You need a CD-ROM drive to install Office XP.
You need a mouse to use Office XP.
Requirements for voice recognition features
Office XP's voice recognition features (available only for US English, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese) require the following:
- A Pentium II processor 400 MHz or higher
- 128 MB or more of RAM
- A direct talk microphone
- An audio output device
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or later
How to download and install Microsoft Office XP
- Click the download buttons below and finish downloading the necessary files. This can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don't know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Open the folder "Software files" and mount en_office_xp_professional_cd_x10-29102.iso
- Run the installation and install Microsoft Office XP. When prompted for a serial code, go to the text file called "SERIAL" and copy and paste that code.
- You now have the full version of Microsoft Office XP, without limitations, installed on your computer.
File n. ° 1 (287 MB)
This download is for Office 365 Professional