Although the Windows Insider team is busy this week, they still found time to push a new construction for 20H1 Fast Ring Insiders. The compilation presents some redesign work on the network status page, some improvements in Chinese input and more extensive deployments for improvements in notification settings and the new Cortana experience.
Along with the new things, Micrsosoft has made a number of changes in Windows 10 with this compilation, which includes having Tamper Protection enabled by default for all Insiders. Here is the complete list of changes
- We are in the process of restoring default Tamper Protection for all Insiders. You will see this change reflected on your PC over the next few weeks.
- We solved a problem where, if clipping was activated through the print screen, a certain UI would close unexpectedly before it could be captured in the crop.
- We solved a problem that caused the touchpad button not to start the touchpad on certain devices.
- We solved a problem where, if you dragged File Explorer while the search drop-down menu was visible, the drop-down menu could end up disconnected from the search box.
- We solved a problem in which, if a search was in progress in File Explorer, it would take two clicks on the X to clear the search results.
- We solved a problem in which the option "Type automatically in Search box view settings" was used, which would result in the first letter of the File Explorer search being deleted.
- Fixed an issue where recent searches in File Explorer were not deactivated when group policy "Disable display of recent search entries in File Explorer earch box" was enabled.
- We fixed an issue where explorer.exe crashed when searching for File Explorer that started in a OneDrive folder if OneDrive was not running.
- We solved a problem where the Homegroup options could still appear in "Give access to the context menu entry of File Explorer, even though the Home Group function is no longer available.
- We solve a problem that caused some Insiders to experience a search block in the taskbar just after the login.
There is also a fairly short list of known problems:
- There has been a problem with previous versions of software Anti-cheats used with games where after upgrading to the latest 19H1 Insider Preview compilations can cause PCs to experience failures, we are working with partners to update their software with a solution, and most games have released patches to prevent PCs experience this problem. To minimize the possibility of encountering this problem, make sure you are running the latest version of your games before trying to update the operating system. We are also working with game developers and anti-cheats to solve similar problems that may arise with the 20H1 Insider Preview compilations and will work to minimize the likelihood of these problems in the future.
- Some Realtek SD card readers do not work properly. We are investigating the problem.
- Occasionally, the selection of candidates in the prediction candidate window for the Japanese IME does not match the composition chain. We are investigating the problem.
- When connected by cell phone, the network status will be incorrect, but the device may use the connection.
So, if you haven't already done so, download this latest Windows 10 Insider 20H1 Fast Ring build, and have fun!
Additional reading: 20H1, build 18956, Fast Ring, Windows 10, Windows Insider