Microsoft has warned 10,000 people that nation-state hackers are targeting them

Microsoft warned about 10,000 people that national-state hackers attacked or violated their accounts last year. The software giant said that about 84 percent of attacks target businesses and the remaining 16 percent target personal e-mail accounts. Statistics reveal the extent to which the nation is attacked, and 1,600 personal Microsoft accounts have recently been affected by these hackers.

Most of these attacks are caused by hackers in Iran, North Korea and Russia according to Microsoft. "We have seen a wide range of activities with Holmium and Mercury in Iran, Thallium in the North, and two actors in Yttrium and Strontium in Russia," explains Tom Burt, vice president of customer security and trust. Microsoft

At least one of the groups Microsoft identified as strontium is the Russian Fancy Bear group, formerly involved in the hacking of the Democratic National Committee in 2016 and the NotPetya attack on the Ukrainian banks and infrastructure in June 2017


microsoft has warned 10000 people that nation state hackers are targeting them

Microsoft is emphasizing these attacks as part of an attempt to convince election officials and election technology providers to integrate Microsoft's open source software development kit (SDK), ElectionGuard, into their systems. ElectionGuard allows third parties to verify results through public verification, verify that voters have calculated their votes, and make final confirmation of the election.

Microsoft's hacking group, which already targets the country last year, emphasizes that three medium-sized candidates and the company's warnings against 10,000 users last year are not a problem that will disappear overnight. "So the problem is realistic and inferior, it's time to find a solution," Burt says. "Government and civil society play an important role, but technology is also responsible for democracy."

Read More Here: https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/18/20698982/microsoft-nation-state-hackers-warning-2019

For More Updates Check out Blog, Windows Softwares Drivers, Antivirus, Ms Office, Graphic Design Don’t Forget to Look Our Facebook Page Get Into Pc like us & follow on Twitter- @getinpc

Please Note: This content is provided and hosted by a 3rd party server. Sometimes these servers may include advertisements. igetintopc.com does not host or upload this material and is not responsible for the content.


Open

Close