Microsoft has just announced the release of a new update for Edge Dev Insiders. The latest development version, which comes in version 79.0.287.2 features automatic media playback blocking, a new customizable tab page and several other improvements.
To test automatic media playback blocking, users can visit edge: // settings / content / media AutoPlay flag. In addition, Microsoft recommends that users test the improvements to Tracking Prevention. The Edge Dev browser now lists all blocked trackers and will offer a list of exceptions to customize the behavior of Tracking Prevention.
The second great feature, the new customizable tab page, comes with four specific elements. One of these is the support for the dark theme in the list of pages with new tabs. Second, users can also scroll through a set of Bing day images, as well as enjoy more personalization options in the news. Finishing things is the ability to deactivate the news service on the new tab page if users feel it is not necessary.
Below you can see other new features and improvements with this version. Due to its extension, we invite you to consult the full list here for more information on the other changes.
- A request was re-added to enable Windows location settings if a site requests location permissions but location settings at the operating system level are disabled.
- The font size change was enabled in the Reading View.
- Support for medium clicks was added to Collections items.
- Tools information was added to the long titles of the Collection.
- Error message added for when another program prevents Edge from installing an update.
- A policy was added to control the Integrity function of the renderer code
- Fixed a crash at launch.
- Fixed an issue where Edge on Mac crashes when checking for updates.
- Fixed an issue where certain was opened PDF files cause the tab to lock.
- Fixed an issue where some PDF files were not loading correctly.
- Fixed an issue where downloading pages from a PDF that was being viewed sometimes crashes.
- Fixed an issue where tabs sometimes hang while browsing.
- Fixed an issue where translation of pages through the built-in translator sometimes failed silently.
- Fixed an issue where opening all items in the Collection sometimes blocks the browser.
- Fixed an issue where certain videos were viewed on full screen causes playback to freeze.
- Fixed some issues where synchronization settings sometimes block the browser.
- Fixed an issue where synchronization did not work and showed an error next to the profile button on the toolbar.
- Fixed an issue where synchronization is stuck in the "Configuring your synchronization …" state.
- The reliability of synchronization for work or school accounts through unreliable network connections was improved.
- Fixed some login errors that occur when logging into the browser with a work or school account.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where synchronization for work or school accounts does not work.
- Fixed an issue where trying to import data from the same browser several times failed in the subsequent attempts.
Performance and results were improved when searching for Edge configuration.
- Fixed an issue where importing data from another browser could sometimes cause the tab to lock.
- Fixed an issue where certain configurations are not imported correctly from the previous version of Edge.
- Fixed an issue where some audio playback does not work.
Installing these Edge Dev updates is easy. If you don't know how to install the latest updates, you can check our guide for more information. Also, feel free to visit our Edge Insider news and information center.
Additional readings: Dev Channel, Edge Insider, Microsoft, Microsoft Edge, Windows 10