Microsoft has just announced the release of a new update for the Microsoft Edge Insider Dev channel. The latest development version, now in version 79.0.294.1, is a relatively small version, but presents a couple of new minor features.
One of the most important new features is a new message that warns users when an extension has an ability to change the search provider, as well as the home page or the new tab page. In addition, there are also enhanced messaging and reporting capabilities when browsing insecure websites. Finally, there is a new button to configure synchronization from the profile drop-down menu.
This version also improves reliability when loading PDF files and Application Guard windows, and also corrects a blocking issue with the Collections function. You will also find that Microsoft has solved the problem where the Read aloud function will stop when reading long words. Other improvements in this version of Edge Dev can be seen below:
- Fixed an issue where tooltips did not appear when hovering over links, user interface, etc.
- Fixed an issue where Edge opens in Application Guard mode when it shouldn't be.
- Fixed an issue whereby the various synchronization switches sometimes do not work after logging in with a work or school account.
- The appearance of the discharge shelf was improved.
- Fixed an issue where the option to open a new tab from the context menu of the tab band appears twice.
- Fixed an issue where several synchronization switches appear disabled but should not be.
- Fixed an issue where the button to log out of the browser is sometimes missing from the configuration.
- Fixed an issue where profile images sometimes did not appear in the configuration.
- The appearance of the taskbar icon was improved when multiple profiles are used.
- Fixed an issue in which users with multiple profiles saw a generic icon instead of going profile picture in the shortcut of the Taskbar.
- Fixed an issue whereby Tracking Prevention reported trackers blocking from one tab when a different tab was displayed. ] Fixed an issue where windows sometimes had a 1 px color line above.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where keyboard shortcuts sometimes don't work in collections.
- Fixed an issue in which mobile bookmarks that are imported from another browser are not located in the correct folder.
If you are not sure how to install these latest Edge Dev updates, you can consult our guide. We also have a dedicated Edge Insider center, for all the latest news.
Additional readings: Dev Channel, Edge Insider, Microsoft, Microsoft Edge, Windows 10