Microsoft has just released a new update for Edge Dev Insiders. The new update, which comes in 78.0.268.1, features the ability to reorder Collections items with the keyboard and also brings other stability fixes.
Along with the new usability enhancements for Collections, today's update comes with some additional changes to the submission comment submission functions. Now, when users click on the diagnostic data link in the comments pop-up window, a new option will appear to attach original files as screenshots for more efficient registration. There is also a new administration policy that will allow the synchronization of the work or school account history.
In addition, Microsoft is solving a problem where favorites were not synchronized and where dragging and dropping items on internal pages made the items disappear. It is important to note that there is even a solution to the problem in which web pages installed as applications do not start.
Other changes in stability and behavior can be seen below.
- Fixed an issue where exporting a Collection to Word sometimes blocks the browser.
- Increased reliability when logging into the browser with a professional or educational account.
- The reliability of starting Application Guard sessions was improved.
- Fixed an issue where certain context menu commands for tabs such as "Reopen closed tab" were missing.  Fixed an issue where the attempt to open a PDF in an Application Guard window failed if there were no other Edge windows open.
- Fixed an issue where the browser profile image is sometimes not updated if it is changed in the backup account.
- Fixed an issue whereby tabs with the Search pop-up on the open page sometimes had the pop-up closed when they moved to different windows.
- Fixed an issue where an application was opened since the applications page closes the applications page.
- Fixed an issue where the Read aloud bar sometimes appears transparent.
- Fixed an issue where trying to open several items of Collections in a new window opened each item in a separate window.
- Fixed an issue where the context menu within a Collection is not ruled out when a new context menu appears outside Collections.
If you are not familiar with how to install these Insider updates, we have a guide that can help you. We also have a dedicated center for instructions and other news and information from Edge Insider.
Additional readings: Dev Channel, Edge Insider, Microsoft, Microsoft Edge, Windows 10