Compilation 126.96.36.199 is now available to download for Edge Insiders on the Dev Channel. This latest version brings the Dark Mode to those who run Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 and also corrects a wide range of errors related to Extensions, PDF and other aspects of the new browser.
Here are the notes of the full version:
New features and behavior:
- More strings added to the translation job
- Prevention of IE mode in Application Guard containers
- The ability to set the size of the text and the background theme in the Reading View is now under banner.
- Ability to use dark mode in the lower level Windows versions 7, 8 and 8.1
- The search box now deletes the content with the Esc or "x" button
Corrections to improve reliability:
- ] Fixed a block on the Extensions page.
- Fixed a block in the keys of the API
- Fixed a blockage when opening PDF files
- Fixed the block in the Sync service
- Fixed the blockage due to a call in the cache in the processor
- Fixed deadlock in Windows, where Microsoft Edge blocks the shutdown.
- Fix blocking in the JSON parser
Corrections to improve the behavior:
- Correction pr redirection of events URL in Application Guard.
- Correction to avoid database creation until needed (performance)
- The subpage headers show the number of search results.
- Correction to close profile user interface at login
- support for OS theme color on Windows 10
- Correct color contrast for selected favorites
- Correct / Paste methods keyboard abbreviations in macOS
- Fix for z-order in the history page
- Corrected transparency problem in the First Run experience  Reinforced start logic for PDF to file names and routes
- Correction for show FavIcons on the bookmark management page.
- Correction to delete the account in Identity
- Correction for the login where the pop-up window of the account was not the most important
- Correction for data imports from Chrome and Edge during the First Run experience .
Edge Insiders is a large number of users who have chosen to try the new Microsoft Edge browser. Those in the Dev Channel usually receive updates with new corrections and changes once a week. These development compilations are generally considered stable enough for developers to test applications and services, hence their name.
Dev's previous build added the PDF read-aloud function.
Are you an Edge expert? Let us know what you think of the new browser so far in the comments below and then follow us on Twitter to get more news from Windows .
Additional readings: Applications, Edge Insider, Microsoft, Microsoft Edge, Windows 10