Microsoft 365 is designed to help organizations transform digital workplace collaboration. Many of my customers are always looking for ways to use virtualization, reduce costs, and improve the user experience. We took over FSLogix last November to help, and today we are pleased to announce four new features that will further enhance the user experience in a virtualized environment.
- FSLogix technology enhances the performance of Office 365 ProPlus in a multi-user virtual environment Microsoft 365 customers can now use it at no additional cost.
- Windows Server 2019 will add support for OneDrive Files On-Demand next month.
- Office 365 ProPlus is supported on Windows
- We have added new features to Outlook, OneDrive and Microsoft Teams in Office 365 ProPlus to enhance the user experience in virtualized environments.
Keep the same stable environment as Office applications in all environments. FSLogix
FSLogix container technology is now fully integrated with Office applications in a virtual environment. This technology improves the speed and reliability of virtualized Office applications, making them feel like they are using Office applications on their own computers. The FSLogix container operates in a virtualized environment, including the containers provided by Microsoft, Citrix, and VMWare. This technology is currently included at no additional cost if you are licensed for the following Microsoft solutions:
- Microsoft 365 E3 / E5 / A3 / A5 / Student Benefits / F1 / Business
- Windows 10 Enterprise E3 / E5
- Remote Desktop Services (RDS) Client Access License (CAL) and Subscriber Access License (SAL)
Learn more about FSLogix
OneDrive Files On-Demand is easily accessible from Windows Server.
OneDrive Files On-Demand allows OneDrive to access all files and download devices you are using to save space on your device's hard drive. Over the next few months, Windows Server 2019 will support OneDrive Files On-Demand for users of virtualized Office applications. This support combines quick access to your favorite files, reduced user profile disk storage requirements, and reduced business costs.
Running Office 365 ProPlus on Windows Server 2010
While Office 365 ProPlus provides the best experience when running on Windows 10, some users can provide virtual desktop services to users on Windows Server. For users who need to migrate from Windows Server 2008 / R2 before the end of January 2020 or migrate from Windows Server 2012 / R2 before October 2020, when support for connecting to Office 365 data ends, we are running on Windows Server 2019 Office 365 ProPlus will be supported. This allows you to take advantage of the aforementioned Files On-Demand features of Windows Server 2019 and take advantage of the latest Windows Server platform.
Experience using Office applications in a virtualized environment
The virtualization experience for many applications in Office 365, including Outlook, OneDrive, and Teams, has been greatly improved.
- Outlook Cache Mode Outlook on virtual desktops provides faster access to email and calendar.
- Inbox sync prior to calendars gives you faster access to email so people can work right away.
- Use the Administrator option to reduce the number of folders synchronized by default and to reduce the Calendar Sync window. Neither of these will help sync to complete faster.
- OneDrive OneDrive now has computer-specific installation options that let users keep individual folders and files as if they were on their own devices, with one-time installation of the OneDrive application.  Team has a Per Machine installation for chat and collaboration. Next month, we will be teaming up with Citrix to deliver calls and conferences to the team through audio / video media optimization.
- Windows Search User-specific indexes allow each user to plan an improved team, including application deployment, Windows virtual desktop support, performance improvements, and optimal caching for nonpersistent settings. Profiles are used to maintain self-search indexes, which speeds up searches and is personalized.
If virtualization is an important part of your IT strategy, you will love these new features. If you are interested in evaluating the Office 365 enhancements announced today, visit the Microsoft Download Center.
Read More Here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2019/07/01/improving-office-app-experience-virtual-environments/