You often updated your content file for games. So, did you face any errors in Steam when updating the content file? If so, then you are in the right place to solve that problem. Here is today's article, we are covering the topic that will help you correct the error of blocking the Steam content file. You may encounter this error when you try to update the content file. This error will appear when you try to play the games on your PC. So today we are giving the solution. Give a reading to solve the problem.
The problem may not be solved in one way or one solution, so here we are adding 4 solutions to resolve the content file blocking error in Steam. Try the other methods if you still find a problem after following a method. Follow the troubleshooting steps given to solve your PC problem. Before we start with the main topic, we will give you a brief knowledge of what the content file locked in the steam medium means.
What does the content file locked on Steam mean?
This simply means that Steam cannot update the file on the hard disk. disk and you can't write there. It happens that the steam hat is updated in time. But sometimes users have complained that their PC's steam has stopped and is no longer being updated. You may find different errors for different games, but this error in the Steam content file is not restricted only to a specific game. It can appear in any game. To help you, here we are adding solutions to solve that problem of Steam content file error. You don't have to worry about this anymore. Only allow the methods and their steps one by one.
Take a look!
How to fix the problem of blocking error of the Steam content file?
Without taking your extra time, we found the solutions to correct the content file. error problem See the solutions
Solution 1- Find the damaged file and correct it
It is a natural method. If a patient goes to a doctor, he first finds the disease and then takes steps to cure it. We will do the same. Before going to treatment, find exactly where the problem is. Or what is causing the main problem. To quickly recover the problem of the blocked content file, go to the library and find out what is missing there and which file is damaged. When you find the defective files, put them in the download. To do this, follow the steps taken.
- Leave the steam and turn to the Steam directory. You will have this in the default path, which is as follows C: / Program Files (x86) / Steam
- Then go to the logos folder and open the txt
- Scroll down the text file and find out where the error exists
- Going to the roof folder of a mod. Here you can find War Hammer mods and civilization mods
- After doing this, start the Steam again and visit the download folder. Here the question about updating the games will appear. Download and update the games you want. And now you'll be sure to go with the steam.
Solution 2- Restart the Winsock
As we mentioned before, a steam content blocking error occurs due to the update failure. So, if the previous solution does not solve the problem, try resetting the Winsock catalog. It will help you set the steam. Simply change the Winsock settings to the default settings and you're done. To reset Winsock, follow the steps.
- Press window + r and type cmd to execute the command as administrator.
- A black screen will appear in front of you. Enter the command . Netsh Winsock reset and press the Enter key to continue.
- After completing the application, restart the computer and you will find the problem solved.
Solution 3: Relocate the Steam installation and game files
If after applying the two methods, mentioned above, it does not work for you, go with this option. This will solve the problem. The resolution solution is divided into two parts, the first is to relocate the Steam installation and the games archive. It will fix the Steam error, but if it finds problems to update, then the other is to reinstall Steam to fix the error of blocking the content file in steam.
- Visit the Steam client and then open the configuration.
- Go to the downloads and then open the Steam library folder
- Go to the option Add library folder and here select the path for the steam. Choose the route wisely, where you want to locate the steam.
- Here you can add other routes for the installation to take place.
- After configuring the routes, go to the folder where you set the route for the steam. Simply go to the Steam on your current established route.
- Once finished, exit the Steam file.
- Again, find the default Steam directory by navigating through the common path C: Program Files Steam. 19659011] Delete all folders except exe. And other important files like Steam applications and User data folders.
- Cut all folders and then place them in the new directory you selected.
- Restart the steam process and log back in
If during this If you encounter any problem or error, you must reinstall Steam by following the steps indicated.
- Steam exists and then visit the location where you located the Steam folder
- Change the location of the Steam applications folder. Place it on the desktop
- Uninstall Steam and then reinstall Steam on your PC at the initial location you selected
- Put the Steam application back in the new Steam directory. It will automatically copy all your content and games saved in the new Steam directory.
- Start it again and, finally, check the probity of your steam game.
- Now you can play games of your own choice.  Solution 4: hamper or disable antivirus software.
This is the last option you can use to solve your Steam error problem. It happens that many antivirus programs do not recognize the steam and are called the antivirus program. And then try to eliminate this immediately. When you remove steam, you face many failures of vital updates that in turn cause the error of blocking the steam content file. At this point, you must disable the antivirus software before updating Steam on your PC
- To verify the integrity of the game files, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Start your PC again and then start the process. once again
- Go to the library section and discover the game that is creating problems in your file.
- Check your properties by clicking on the properties option and then select the tabs of the local files
- Here you will find Find an option named as verify the integrity of the game. Select this option
- At no time, Steam will verify the game and the Steam content file lock error will cease to exist. The problem will be solved.
Check if you are in Kaspersky's security and then navigate to the ‘threads and exclusions. Then go to the trusted zone and then add the steam.exe as trusted software. After doing this, keep in mind that, before abandoning the changes, do not attempt to scan the open file and do not restrict the application.
This was all about how you can fix the content file blocking error. I hope you have solved this problem. Share your experience and give us recommendations. You can use the methods and steps given if you find an error in Garry mod. The pattern and methods are the same. If this is useful, share this article with your friends and family and help us grow. Make comments in the section below and, for more information, visit our site. Here we have published a more informative article for you. Thanks for your time! Stay informed and updated with us.
Download Links Below.