Microsoft has released a new version of Windows with more advanced and amazing features. This new update is available to anyone on the Microsoft official website. Microsoft provides a free ISO file where you can download the Windows 10 operating system for anyone who wants it. However, the process of downloading the Windows 10 ISO file is a bit tricky.
For example, you can legally download an ISO file from the Windows 10 download page. This file is useful for upgrading from Windows 8.1 or 7 to Windows 10.
In this blog post, we will share all the ways to legally download Windows 10 ISO file from Microsoft official website. Second, I will share a step-by-step guide to install Windows 10 from an ISO file.
Note: Downloading the ISO file from the Windows 10 download page does not mean you are downloading a free license for Windows 10. If you have an older version of Windows, such as Windows 8.1 or Windows 7, you can easily upgrade to Windows 10. Otherwise, you will need a product key to install Windows 10 on your device.
Download Windows 10 ISO File Legally
There are two types of ISO files. One is for all consumers, including Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro, and the second is for businesses. You should focus on the consumer-level edition.
There are three ways to legally download an ISO file from Microsoft’s official Windows 10 download page. In this blog post, you will learn all these methods in an easy and simple way.
Here’s how to legally download a Windows 10 ISO file.
- Download the media creation tool
- Using an operating system other than PC
- Without media creation tools
All of these methods are legal and can be easily followed by anyone.
- Go to the official Microsoft website. Or download the media creation tool here.
- Click ‘Download Tool Now’. The media creation tool will start downloading.
This screen will appear. Wait for it to load. On the next screen, if you see ‘Applicable Disclaimers and License Terms’, read them carefully and click ‘Agree’.
- Now if you want to upgrade your PC, you can select the first radio button ‘Upgrade this PC now’. And then we proceed.
However, you will need to download the Creation installation media for another PC. So select the second radio button ‘Create installation media for another PC’ and click ‘Next’.
- On the next screen you need to select the architecture, edition and language of the ISO file.
You can choose your preferred language here. If you uncheck the ‘Use recommended options for this PC’ button, you can make your selections. The languages you can choose from are:
I will go in English. Select each option and proceed to ‘Next’.
- On the next screen you will be asked to ‘Choose media to use’. Here you can download an ISO file or USB flash drive that requires 8 GB.
Select the second radio button and proceed to ‘Next’.
- Now you need to choose a location to download the ISO file. Select the appropriate location and click the ‘Save’ button.
- The ISO file download will start. The download will take some time depending on your system speed and internet connection.
- Once the ISO image file is fully downloaded, the media creation tool will automatically start checking it. When verification is complete, the following screen appears.
- Click the ‘Finish’ button. Ready.
Download Windows 10 ISO using a non-PC operating system
- Open a web browser >. Microsoft’s official website.
- Select edition > Windows 10 > OK
- Choose Language > OK.
- Choose the version based on your system’s compatibility.
- The ISO file download will start.
read more: Windows 10 November 2019 Update ISO Download
read more: Download Windows 10 November 2019 Update ISO
- Open a web browser. Go to the Microsoft Windows 10 download webpage.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+i to open the Inspection panel, or simply press F12 to open the Inspection panel.
- Click the 3 dots in the right corner of the window and go to > More Tools > Network Conditions.
- Uncheck ‘Automatically select options’ next to ‘User agent’. Select the desired user agent (eg chrome os).
- Just refresh the page and hit the refresh button or press F5 without closing developer settings.
- The same Windows 10 download page will open with a drop-down menu to select the Windows ISO file version. Click the “OK” button.
- Select the language you want to download and press “OK”.
- On the next screen, two buttons will appear.
- Click on the desired link and the download will start immediately.
memo: This download link is valid for 24 hours. Therefore, the process must be completed before it expires.
Finally, all methods to legally download Windows 10 ISO file from Microsoft official website are done. Now let’s see how to install Windows.
Install Windows 10 from ISO file
Burn ISO file to DVD
Now we will discuss how to install Windows 10 from ISO file. [legally]. To do this, you need a DVD burner on your system so you can burn the Windows 10 ISO to DVD and boot the ISO file to install Windows 10. Here’s how to do this:
- Right click on ISO file
- Go to Burn Disc Image
- Choose the drive you want to use.
- Click ‘Burn’ to start the process.
After this process is complete, you will have a bootable DVD that you can use to install Windows 10.