Windows Defender is the default protection system on your computer. The disadvantage of Windows Defender is that the program only protects at an average level, not as specialized as a third-party software. Perhaps that is why users want to disable this program to install antivirus software and increase the security of the computer during use. So, how to disable Windows Defender, here are some ways to help you disable this program simply.
Method 1: Install a third-party antivirus software on the device
Windows Defender is configured to detect other antivirus software, it will be automatically deactivated to avoid conflicts on the computer. Instead, only the Windows Defender firewall will work on your computer.
With this method when you remove antivirus software, Windows Defender will automatically reactivate for You are quite useful. And if you want to permanently disable, see the following methods below.
Method 2: You cannot disable   Windows Defender by Configuration
If you wish to temporarily disable Windows Defender, follow the steps below:
- You double-click on the icon Windows Defender on the taskbar
- On the tab Start => Virus and threat protection => Virus & Threat protection settings
- Changes the real-time protection status optional to OFF .
Method 3: You can disable Windows Defender Antivirus using local group policy
 If you use Windows 10 Pro or other versions such as Enterprise or Education, you can use the Local Group Policy Editor to completely disable Windows Defender on your computer.
- Press the Windows + R key combination to open the Run command window.
- In the Run command window, type gpedit.msc and press Enter or click OK to open the window Local group policy editor .
- In the Local Group Policy Editor window, you navigate to the following key:
Computer configuration => Administrative templates => Windows component s => Windows Defender
- Select Enabled to disable Windows Defender .
- Continue to click Apply => OK
After Complete the steps, if you notice that you will see the Windows Defender icon still in the system tray. To remove this icon, simply restart your computer.
If you want to reactivate Windows Defender follow the same steps, and in step 5 select the option Not configured then restart your computer to apply the changes.
Method 4: Disable Windows Defender Antivirus by Registry Editor
If you use Windows 10 Home, you cannot access the Policy Editor of local group However, you can still disable Windows Defender using the Registry.
Note : Before performing the following steps, you must create a backup copy of the Registry to avoid the worst case scenario. To perform a backup, open the File => Export … to create a registry backup file. When you want to recover, simply open the File => Import … then navigate back up and then restore it.
- Press Windows + R to open the window Run then type Regedit and press Enter (or click OK) to open the Registry.
- In the Registration window, navigate to the
- If DWORD DisableAntiSpyware is not found, right-click on any empty space, then select  => DWORD (32-bit) Value . ] You name this new key as DisableAntiSpyware .
- Double-click the new key you just created, set the value in the frame Value data from 0 to 1 .
I In the last step, you just need to restart your computer and enjoy the results. In that case, you want to reactivate Windows Defender, you only need to access it in the same order as the previous one and change the key value from 0 to 1 .
Depending on your computer usage habits, you can choose for yourself how to disable Windows Defender properly. However, it should be noted that, although Windows Defender is not a powerful antivirus software, it is still an effective antivirus program. And updating Windows regularly with Windows Defender is also a good way to protect your computer from threats.
Tag: how to disable Windows Defender, how to temporarily disable Windows Defender, disable Windows Defender Windows 10 Home, disable Windows Defender Antivirus.