The Portable Document File (PDF) format is one of the most widely used document file formats that have been the most popular and used now since it was created by Adobe in the early 1990s. The advantage is that you can not edit document files as compared to regular document files (.doc). Therefore, you can not provide a secure medium for your data, because someone else can not (easily) edit or change the file.
There are various PDF editing tools for Windows / Mac / Linux but not good PDF editing apps for iOS This brings some difficulties for people who like to use PDF files on their phones. Fortunately, Apple's short cut application has a solution for this. To merge multiple PDF files on your iOS device, download and add a shortcut that makes this feature easy.
To use this method, you must have a shortcut application installed on your iPad on iPhone. You can download apps from the app store on devices running iOS 12+. When installation is complete
1. Install the "Merge PDF" shortcut on iPad and iPhone. This shortcut was created by Apple itself and should not be a security or privacy concern. As with other shortcuts, you can customize your settings as you like, but it's not recommended because it's already working and changing certain settings may not work correctly.
2. Once the shortcut is installed, open the application where you saved the PDF file. It's a good idea to save it in the Files app (Apple's default app for saving third-party files).
3. Select the PDF file you want to merge.
4. Click the share icon in the lower left corner of the screen.
5. At the bottom of the menu, click Shortcuts. If you can not view this file, click Details and activate the shortcut option.
6. Click "Merge PDF." This step may take some time depending on the size of the merged PDF file.
7. After the shortcut has merged the PDF file, you can name the new PDF file. When the name is assigned, click Done.
8. Select the location where you want to save the merged PDF file and click "Add" to finish.
Apple's shortcut application has proven useful and useful over time. This shortcut is not different. The ability to merge PDF files with just a few tabs is a feature that most devices must have built-in by default. But it is not. But with the shortcut app, you can do the entire process much more easily than using a third-party app for this sole purpose.
Is this article useful?