Over the past few years, AMD has released some cool CPUs. The names Ryzen 3 and Ryzen 5 suggest the idea that they are the same as Intel i3 and Intel i5.
In fact most of the time. But this is not an article about AMD vs. Intel. Instead, it will be a guide on how to buy the best AMD CPU for your use. Buying a 16-core AMD Ryzen Threadripper for casual web browsing or office does not make sense, as buying a supercar for grocery shopping does not make sense. And unlike some people believe, this is not the best choice for gaming, so you'll see later in this article.
How to Understand AMD CPU Names
The first part of the name is easy. Enough to understand. It can be thought of in other ways, such as entry level, middle level, high end.
- Ryzen 3 groups CPUs with low-end performance, features and functionality. At the time of writing, this model has four cores.
- Ryzen groups the CPUs for the five mid-end segments. There are four or six cores and up to twelve processing threads.
- Ryzen 7 announces entry into the high-end performance segment. The CPU has 8 cores and 16 threads.
- Ryzen 9 is the best product in the high end lineup, which is higher than the Ryzen 7 CPU. They have 12 or 16 cores and up to 32 threads.
- Ryzen Threadripper may be considered higher than Ryzen 9 but is not valid. You can see why later. This CPU has recently been offered in 8, 12, 16, 24 and 32 cores. The number of threads is twice the number of CPUs in the model.
How to interpret the AMD CPU model number
Consider the AMD Ryzen 7 3800X model. What does "3800X" mean?
- The first number "3" tells you the household number. Therefore, the "3800X" is a third-generation CPU, an enhanced version of the first and second generations.
- The second number, "8," tells you the performance level. This means that the 3800 outperforms the 3700. Typically, models with a second number between 6 and 9 are found on desktop CPUs, and less than six are found on laptops because of lower power consumption and lower performance.
- The next two digits
- In this case, the last suffix "X" is optional.
- X signals higher performance, higher clock speeds than equivalent models without X.
- G or low-power desktop with integrated GPU signals.
- H signals high power mobile devices such as laptops. ("High power" may indicate performance but is still slower than a standard desktop CPU.)
- The U signal has a low standard power clock and a very low signal for mobile devices.
- M is very low signal with very low power consumption
What is the best AMD CPU?
To answer this question, you first have to decide what type of work you want to do on your computer.
To view web browsing, YouTube, Netflix and more. Ryzen 3 is more than that.
How to choose the most efficient AMD CPU for gaming
When playing games, when a game player plays a game, the CPU clock speed is much more important than the number of cores. You should aim for at least six cores and find and find the CPU with the highest GHz count. You can also focus on the model with the "X" suffix because the clock speed is faster than the base model. The Threadripper series may seem like the best choice for gaming, but most models are not as slow as clock speeds when compared to the best CPUs in the Ryzen 7 or 9 series.
Why CPU At the end of this article, the clock speed in games is important. The easiest way to find the game CPU is to consult this list of processors with the best benchmark results in single-threaded performance.
In the picture above, the best way to choose a CPU for games on this date is Ryzen 5 3600X. It is a much cheaper price in a list of similar performance to all other games. The AMD Ryzen 7 3800X is much more expensive because it has a lot of cores. However, in a game like GTA V, two CPUs can get almost the same frame rate.
Best AMD CPU for content creators
When should I choose Threadripper? When you need a lot of parallelism. Video editing, photo / graphics work, editing, production, and music mixing. If you frequently use virtual machines, you should also purchase a Threadripper.
Often you will find two or three models at similar prices and you will not be sure which model to choose. In this case, use google such as "amd ryzen 3800x benchmark" and refer to the result of "cpubenchmark.net". Then a big scoring table (how all cores are done when dividing a big task into smaller tasks) and – how fast a thread score, single core.
If you do not have enough money, you can save a lot of performance and save a lot of money, so you can buy a CPU after a generation. 19659002] Happy CPU Hunting
Image Credit: Ilya Plekhanov @ Wikipedia and Fritzchens Fritz @ Flickr
Is this article useful?
Hardware Buying Guide ” class=”responsively-lazy alignleft”/>
To learn how to select equipment hardware, the Complete Hardware Buying Guide shows you what to look for when purchasing hardware .
Get it now! More eBooks »