Changing the name of a PSN (PlayStation Network) account is not always easy. In fact, it was not until April 2019 that Sony could not do it at all for the account holder. You can now change your username once for free on each account. All subsequent changes cost $ 4.99 for PlayStation Plus subscribers or $ 9.99 for others.
If your username grew or you simply want to change it, we will guide you through the process. But first I need two warnings.
If you are playing mostly new games (especially games released after April 1, 2018), Sony says you shouldn't have many problems with username changes as it was developed to support this feature. . But if you still enjoy the first PS4 games, that's another story. Sony has created a list of games with known issues that can occur if you change your username.
Just before the name change, Sony asks in several ways that could affect some of its valuable game storage data. Stored locally or in the cloud.
- Old online IDs may still be visible to users and other players in some areas.
- Progress in the game may be lost, including saved game data, leaderboard data and trophy progression  Some of your games and applications may not work properly both online and offline. of line.
- You may lose access to content acquired for games (including paid content), including content such as add-ons and virtual currencies.  If you wish to continue changing your username, do the following.
Using your web browser
- The first step is to log in to your Sony account. That way, your PSN account name (Sony calls it "online ID") will be displayed as an option at the top of the window. Click on "Edit" to change your username.
- Sony raises the warnings listed above before continuing. Press "I accept" to continue.
- There are more warnings in the next step. Sony tells you that if something goes wrong, you can reverse the change and recover your old username. But he warns that doing so may not solve the problem. In other words, something is likely to be in bad shape. If you are in danger, continue.
Using PlayStation 4
- Go to "Settings" on the PS4 main board and scroll through the list until you find "Select account management". "Optional. Click on that information, then select" Account information ">" Profile ">" Online identification. "
- You will see the same warning that Sony shows to browser users before allowing you to change your account name.
- Yes If you accept this warning, you can enter a new username
How can I retrieve my previous username? Phone calls are available between 6 am and 6 pm Pacific Time, from Monday through Friday, from 6 am to 10 pm, Pacific time, from Monday to Friday, and 7 am to 8 pm, Pacific time, on weekends.
As mentioned earlier, Sony can return to the old one username and resolve all issues that could be caused by the new username. [19