If you wanted to live under the sea, this is your chance. In Minecraft, there are several water biomes where players can build underwater houses for shelters. You can’t transform your character into a dolphin, but you can enjoy the peace of the sea and avoid the night zombie siege that can occur on land.
But before you start learning how to build an underwater base & how to Breathe Underwater in Minecraft you need to know how to manipulate your character in the sea before you start.
How to build an underwater base
There should be no water in the room.
You can hold your breath too long.
It is slow in a water
With all these obstacles, building underwater structures can be very tricky. Nevertheless, it is possible if the character survives the construction, breathes longer, and gets the necessary equipment to help extract or drain water from certain areas.
How to breathe underwater in Minecraft
First, you need to solve the problem of staying underwater and building buildings effectively for a long time. Fortunately, you can use an enchanting table to strengthen your armor with useful underwater breathing abilities.
This magic is for the helmet, it can hold your breath much longer and see it clearly underwater. Once you reach the highest level (Respira III), you can stay underwater for 45 seconds without taking any damage.
Another magician for helmets, this magic allows you to destroy blocks underwater as soon as possible on the water.
This magic is for your boots. With this magic, you can move much faster underwater. With the highest level (Depth Strider III), you can’t sprint underwater, but you can move as fast as possible on land.
The best way to remove water is a sponge. The sponge can absorb a lot of water at once and allow it to dry in the furnace. If you don’t have a lot of sponges, you’ll want a lot of blocks that are cheap and easily destroyed like sand.
The source block is destroyed by placing a solid block inside, so you can fill the room with temporary blocks to remove all the water.
Minecraft underwater house
When you are ready, you can make a masterpiece under the sea. The most difficult part of the construction is that it removes water from the room and can actually live in the sea without drowning. It can be done in one of two ways:
The best way to remove water is a sponge. The sponge can absorb a lot of water at once and allow it to dry in the furnace. Getting a sponge is very tricky, so you have to go to a marine monument. Sponges can be found in randomly generated sponge rooms at the Water Temple and can be dropped by killing an elderly guardian.
If you don’t have a lot of sponges, you’ll want a lot of blocks that are cheap and easily destroyed like sand. The source block is destroyed by placing a solid block inside, so you can fill the room with temporary blocks to remove all the water.
Underwater home construction with the sponge
If you have a sponge to use, follow these steps to build an underwater house quickly and easily in Minecraft.
- Go underwater and start building outside the building.
- Construct all floors, walls, and ceilings.
- Keep the building until all the walls and ceilings are finished.
- Let no more water get into the structure. Don’t worry if you miss the spot. Patching any leaks should fix the problem.
Enter the building
Perhaps the water is now full. Keep in mind that water cannot pass through doors, fences, etc. If desired, you can build a doorway directly to the sea.
- Install a furnace in the building.
- If you have a lot of dry sponges, you can safely ignore this step.
- Place a sponge next to the water source block.
- This step absorbs water and converts the sponge into a wet sponge.
- If water remains, put a wet sponge in the furnace.
- Cooking a wet sponge will allow you to wipe off the water for reuse.
- Continue to soak the water until it is completely gone.
- Destroy all sponges.
- Keep designing the interior of the structure.
Making an underwater floor without a sponge
If you cannot use a sponge, you should use a slower way to make an underwater house. Do the following:
- Grab the necessary building materials and blocks of dust or sand.
- Dust and sand both have advantages, but it is better to use sand. Under the influence of gravity, you can easily complete step 4.
- What’s more, you can quickly destroy the entire sand by destroying the bottom block and immediately replacing the sand. Torch or pressure plate or another non-solid block.
- Create the floors and walls of the structure.
- Fill the entire structure with a block of soil or sand.
- Make the ceiling of the structure and fill the gaps with soil or sand.
- Enter the structure.
- Removes all excess dirt and sand, revealing a waterless interior.
- Remove excess water by picking up water with a bucket or placing blocks in the sauce.
- Decorate the interior of the structure.