Decorative and functional faces are a distinctive feature of the Apple Watch. It is quite easy to select one and modify its appearance. In fact, you can do it from the watch or from your iPhone. And if you are tired of your current choices, you can always add a new one.
On your iPhone
To switch to a previously installed watch face:
- Open the Watch application. You will see a scroll line of the clock faces that you previously installed. Swipe left and right to find the one you want to use or customize and touch it.
- Scroll down and tap "Set as current clock face". You are ready to go.
Customize a watch face, in other words, change the color, style or some other aspect, It will work a little differently depending on the characteristics of each particular face. However, the general idea is the same for all of them.
After touching the face you want, swipe down to see what aspects you can adjust and slide to see what your options are. For example, if you see an aspect for the color, swipe to see the available color schemes of the face and touch the one you want to use.
If you want to change an icon on the watch face that starts an application on your watch, what Apple Call "Complications": Touch the appropriate menu item, scroll and select. Work on the list of available positions, touching the ones you want to change and selecting the complication you want to use from the scroll list. When you have done well, go to the bottom of the screen and touch "Set as current watch face".
To install a new watch face:
- Open the Watch application. You can see the faces that are already installed near the top of the screen.
- Touch the Face Gallery icon at the bottom center of your screen. Scroll up and down, left and right to contemplate Apple's creative generosity.
- Touch the one you want to add, modify the settings a bit if you wish, and touch “Add”. The new face will appear on your watch in a short time.
On your watch
To change to a previously installed watch face:
To change From between your installed faces, simply swipe left or right on the watch face. That's.
Customizing your sphere is a bit more complicated.
- Force touch the screen. You will feel a vibration and the watch face will go to Custom mode.
- Swipe left and right to choose the face you want to work on, and tap "Customize."
What happens next depends on what face you want to work with and how complex it is.
Generally, faces have two or three design categories that can change. Each category has its own screen. The number of screens is indicated by the dots at the top of the screen. You can move between the categories by sliding your finger to the left and right. The area that you can change will be indicated with a green outline and will generally be labeled.
To make a change (color, style, etc.), scroll through the available options by touching the area you want to change (if there is more than one area on the delineated screen) and rotating the digital crown.
The last screen generally allows you to manage complications. The things you can change are indicated by circles. Touch what you want to customize and scroll through the complications available by rotating the crown.
When you're done, press the crown once (a longer pressure will activate Siri, so don't delay), and you'll return to the Customize screen.
Lower your wrist and you will use that personalized dial. If you are not wearing the watch, press the crown or touch the screen once to return to the "Customize" screen and again to return to normal mode.
To install a new watch face:
- Force the touch of the screen to enter the "Customize" mode
- Swipe left until you see the "New" button. Touch it
- Slide up and down or turn the crown to go through the available faces. Touch the one you want to add and voila. (You can customize it following the instructions above in this article).