A remarkable Google employee announced today that workers have sworn more than $ 100,000 in strike funds, hearing more news about controversial plans for China.
Today The Intercept released a new report on Google's plans to build a censored search engine in China. This report contains management's responses to internal comments on the project and concerns of engineers who feel the security and privacy processes are compromised.
Google employee and employee advocate Liz Fong-Jones told Twitter that executives on Twitter should consider how they would react if their safety and privacy recommendations were invalidated. "Google's S & P team has to take our backs," she wrote.
I firmly propose that my fellow colleagues think about what they do if the red line crosses, the cadre crosses the S & P launch beat, or a member of the S & P team is forced to display green.
– Liz Fong-Jones (@lizthegrey) November 29, 2018
Secretary of the Korea University said, "Think about what the strike fund looks like, especially to provide compensation for H1B visa holders What does the mass resignation mutual aid fund look like? "She proposed to match the first $ 100,000 raised and said $ 100,000 was issued in just a few hours. She soon said that The Verge had 190,000 incumbent employees and two former employees pledging $ 115,000.
Fong-Jones writes "Okay, I've raised $ 100,000." "Look closely at this space after talking to legal counsel and a skilled labor organizer."  Not only about our project, but also in recent weeks, we've been disgruntled by employees. Earlier this month, more than 20,000 employees came out to protest the company's sexual harassment in the face of violence. New York Times report. Accordingly, the company agreed to some, but not all, of the requirements of the workers. However, employees who raise strikes suggest that workers in the company have not completed the organization.
07:24 PM ET : Includes new figures from Fong-Jones.