Many users complain in different forums that " Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry uses 50% of my disk usage and makes my PC very slow and annoying ".
If you are also dealing with the compatibility of Microsoft Telemetry with high disk and CPU usage in your task manager. Then you probably want to disable Microsoft compatibility telemetry in Windows 10.
Read this post, as we will explain what is Microsoft compatibility telemetry. How do I get rid of Microsoft's compatibility with telemetry in Windows 10/7?
Related: Solution: svchost.exe Host service Local disk usage system (restricted network)
What is Microsoft compatibility telemetry? and Why does it cause high usage of memory, disk and CPU?
Windows compatibility telemetry is the most important process in Windows 10. This process collects user data about the operation of the Windows device and related software.
Microsoft uses this data to improve the user experience and resolve any errors or errors that may occur in Windows 10 computers.
As you know, Windows 10 is constantly improving, every time a user faces an error in the Microsoft community It is resolved instantly.
Basically, the Windows development team uses the data collected from millions of users and releases new updates. This tool transmits data periodically, until all data is stored on your computer.
That is the reason why many users complain about the compatibility of Microsoft with the problem of the use of the disk in Windows 10. In case you are wondering what is compattelrunner.exe. It is another name of Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry.
Related: Fix: What is Software Reporter Tool in Chrome using high CPU usage
How to disable Microsoft compatibility telemetry?
You can easily disable Windows 10 telemetry. Here is the best solution to disable compattelrunner.exe windows 10
1. Disable Microsoft compatibility telemetry using the Group Policy Editor
As an initiator, you can run the group policy editor that is located in the Windows 10 utility. Follow these steps.
- Press the Windows + R key to open the execution dialog, then type gpedit.msc and click OK .
- The group's policy editor will open. Navigate through Computer Configuration> Administrative Templates> Windows Components> Data Compilation and Preview Compilations.
- Double-click Allow telemetry and select Off, then click OK.
Once you have finished adjusting, open the task manager and see if the problem of the use of telemetry disk compatible with Microsoft Windows was resolved. If not, go to the next solution.
2. Disable Microsoft compatibility telemetry using Registry Editor
You can also use the Windows 10 registry editor to repair Windows compatibility telemetry. Follow these steps.
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the execution dialog and type regedit click OK.
- The Windows User Account Control will request permission, so click "YES"
- Now go to this route HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> SOFTWARE> Policies> Microsoft> Windows> DataCollection
- When you see DataCollection ]] 19199007]] DWORD (32 bit) Value .
- A new file with the new value name will be created as Allow telemetry and then double click on Allow Telemetry
- Set the date of issue of V to 0 (zero) and click OK
When you set this value, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the task manager. Now check if the problem of use of the Microsoft compatibility telemetry disk was resolved or not.
3. Disable Microsoft compatibility telemetry using CMD
You can also disable compattelrunner.exe in Windows 10 by using the command prompt. To do it;
- Press the Windows key and type the command prompt, right-click on it to run as administrator.
- Once the window appears, type the following commands one by one and press enter.
- sc delete DiagTrack sc delete dmwappushservice echo "">
- C: \ ProgramData \ Microsoft \ Diagnosis \ ETLLogs \ AutoLogger \ AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl reg add
- "HKLM SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows \ DataCollection "/ v AllowTelemetry / t REG_DWORD / d 0 / f
4. Directly deactivate compatteltunner.exe from the Task Scheduler
If you disable compattelrunner.exe, the Windows compatibility telemetry process will not run in the task manager. Follow these steps.
- Press the Windows + R key to open the execution dialog box. Then type taskschd.msc and press Enter. The Task Scheduler window
- will appear. Click Task Scheduler Library to expand it.
- Now go to the folder Microsoft> Windows.
- Search and click on Application experience folder . On the right side you will see some running task.
- Click on task Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser . Right click on it and disable . This will disable Microsoft compatibility telemetry.
Related: Why does the modern Host Configuration consume a high CPU consumption? How to fix it?
Download Links Below