It is no secret that E3 is not having the best time in recent years. While conferences such as Gamescom obtained hundreds of thousands of visitors, E3 2019 had around 66,000. In an effort to renew the format of the event and attract more people, the organizing body wants to renew it as a festival of "fans, media and influencers." GameDaily managed to get a presentation on how this would work.
We have highlighted some of the main points below. However, the focus here seems to be on "experiences" rather than an overflow of traditional booths.
- There will be eight experience centers in the middle of traditional booths.
- There may be a strong focus on celebrities and other influential people to attend.
- There may be an exclusive industry day before the event opens to the public.
- E3 wants to focus on the "social good" to be more popular among younger people.
- Media associations paid with the main media to increase the reach of E3 and exhibitors.
As with any leak, take it with a grain of salt. As far as we know, this could be an elaborate hoax. However, from what we have heard, it seems that this presentation is real because several different sources can corroborate it.
What do you think about E3's plans to renew its image and increase attendance? Let us know. Do you think it will work?
Xbox accessories you'll love
It is guaranteed that each of these quality accessories will enhance your Xbox experience.
PowerA Enhanced Cable Controller for Xbox One
($ 20 at Amazon)
The PowerA version of the Xbox One controller is an attractive option for budget conscious players that is essential for all the basics.
We can earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.